Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dearest January,

I had a real blast last year. I had the best of year 2011. I received countless blessings. I fulfilled a lot of dreams. Many opportunities came my way.

I welcomed 2012 with a thankful heart. I vowed to celebrate life every day. I committed myself that I will be brave to embrace the graces and opportunities God will give me.

I have great plans for 2012. My travels. My RDL retreat. My crazy 20 of 12. My career endeavors. And more. I am ready for life.

But I guess life is more ready for me.

Prayers of my prayer warriors had been heard. I received a gift that I never expected, planned or desired. With fears I welcomed the opportunity to open the door to something that is unfamiliar, unknown and definitely I cannot rationalize.
True, as I welcome this chance, I am going out of my comfort zone. I am opening the possibility to either change or re-affirm my previous decisions. I am allowing myself to detach from my subjective inclinations and biases.

I am reconsidering my choices. I am searching for answers. I am looking for meaning.

I have my fears, my doubts, my discomfort to the ambiguity of things, my questions to the possibilities. I cried many times because of this. All of them are tears of surrender. I am not giving up, but I am submitting myself to fully discern about this matter.

To be honest, my heart is happy I am enjoying every step in this journey to discovery. Each unfolding moment brings joy that I can’t name nor measure. Side by side with happiness and joy, I face each day with difficulty, I have to unlearn many things, I have to let go of some old ways. I have to die to my old self, and give birth to a new.

About this matter, I don’t have game plans, no theoretical framework, no experiments, no expectations.

Only prayers.

And one genuine desire to go through this discernment journey.

I am taking my time, basking in the grace of the moment, relishing in the here and now, where my God wants me to be.

As I said goodbye to you to welcome February, I thank you for the surprises. With you, this year already made its mark to be unforgettable.

Sincerely,

Heartbeats

3 comments:

savouringshe said...

prayer every friday at 3pm ♥

Ako Si Nikki said...

ah.. may boyfriend ka na ano... you have decided not to be SFF anymore ano?? hehe.. joke.. kidding aside, whatever journey it will be, we're just one step behind you..

prayers :)

via yang said...

@xie: yes, every friday.
@mya: wala ano. sf in dicernment. kwento ko pag nagkita tayo...