Monday, September 27, 2010

the big day*

After a night of elusive sleep due to overwhelming excitement, here we are at 230am, traveling to the starting lines.

The big day is here.
The long wait is over.
The clock is counting.
The sky is beautiful.
The moon is smiling.
Sunshine is waiting.
Let’s go and run.
Have fun under the sun.
Fireworks had been lighted up.
Gun had been fired.
Go on run.
See you at the finish line.

Eyes on the finish line. I finished with a happy heart. Touched down. Home run. I had beaten my own time.

Dong and MyLoves, thank you for waiting along the sidelines with the cameras and bags of foods and water. Your moral support moved me deeply, your presence really made run extra special, because I know that at the finish line the two of you will cheer and celebrate our home runs. Thank you also to Padre and Long.

Long Runner, Yohooo! Congratulations! The training had paid off. You made it to your first full marathon finish! During the training I’m already a fan and on this big day you amazed me again, though you were unable to beat your own time. I’m proud to say, that I was there to witness the metamorphosis of you as a runner. Thank you for the encouragement and the tips. Go on my friend the road is long, run along. Be free and be happy.

Mr. Kua, Yohhoo! You made it with flying colors. It was good to see you touched the finish line with a smile on your face. I tell you, with sweat and all, Mr. Ben really looks like a foreigner and a celebrity but you’re my friend, so my vote is on you. Thank you for your presence during the training days. Solitary runs maybe good but your company made the practices better. Go on, see on the 21km race next year!


Achi Maya
, you were the first one to register on this race and that prompted me to join also. At the starting line, we both agreed that 10km would have been a greater challenge but nevertheless we will give the 5km run our best shot. It really feels good having you near. I’m happy you are here. Though during the run we lost each other amidst the throngs of people; I’m glad that we both reached the finish line beating our individual running time. I hope we can run together again and beyond. I’m glad to know that today you are happy, that makes me happier. If marathon day can make you happy I hope we can have it every Sunday hahaha. In the coming days I’ll be missing you again, but I hold to now, when you are here. Under the beautiful moonlight we run towards the beautiful sunshine, thank you achi.

Congratulations dear friends, let us continue the practice/training until the next marathon.:-)

6 comments:

shexplanation said...

walang anuman ate thea. masaya ako na natapos ninyo ang marathon. next year, sabay-sabay na tayong tatakbo patungo sa finish line.

i'm glad na naging parte ako ng victory ninyo. happy ako. all worth it ang maagang paggising.

thank you and welcome.

Ako Si Nikki said...

@heartbeats..

i was reading the blog with tears again.. happy tears actually.. (im sure ill make you smile with that huh?)..

yes, we ran with the moon, ended it with it still around, and then came the sun.. it made me really smile..

yes, i was honest when i uttered the words that i am happy.. and yes, if marathons can make me happy, i can do it forever and beyond..

thank you for running with me..

@simplixiety..

you know i am really happy to see you there.. i hope to see you have your first run..

run and be with the wind..

Unknown said...

got nothing to say but...

thanks for running with her,
and i hope to run with you, too.

:)

Ako Si Nikki said...

@the boss..

im looking forward to running next year with you and ximplixiety..

possible right?

shexplanation said...

@heartbeats and maya:
sabay-sabay tayong tatakbo next year. 10km ang goal natin.

@the boss: run with us.

Ako Si Nikki said...

sure sure.. id love that.. na excite ako bigla..

hmm.. halata bang wala akong ibang ginagawa na pati next years plans ni loolook forward ko na agad..

hayyy..